The Benefits of Faithful Giving
Pastor Brian Kluth lists the following five ways you will benefit if you give more of your income to God’s work:
1. It will strengthen your trust in God and your spiritual growth. (Deut 14:23; Malachi 3:8-10. Psalm 50:10-12).
2. It will help you begin to experience God’s creative care in meeting your needs. (Proverbs3:9-10; Luke 6:38).
3. It will begin to break any shackles of debt, “desires for more,” or a feeling of poverty that you may be experiencing. (Hag 1:4-11; Ecc 5:10; Mt. 6:19-21, 24-34; Lu 12:16-21).
4. It will help you store up treasure in heaven (1 Timothy 6:18:19; Mt 6:19-21; Heb 6:10).
5. It will help your church to better serve you and others (by your properly caring for your pastor, mission, ministry, and facility needs (1 Cor. 9:9-11, 14; 1 Tim 5:17-18; Ph 4:15-19; Gal 6:6; Luke 8:3
Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for making it possible for me to earn an income. Help me to acknowledge that You are the source of all that I am and have. Grant me a giving and generous heart with what You entrust to me. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Blessings on your journey as a steward!