The standard set for us in God’s Word is high:
- God tells us not “to be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind…” (Romans 12:2).
- He tells us to love as He loves (John 13:34), to forgive as He forgives (Ephesians 4:32), to walk as He walked (1 John 2:6).
- He tells to love our enemies (Matthew 5:44), to be holy in all manner of conduct (1 Peter 1:15).
- He tells us to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17), to be fervent in spirit, serving the Lord (Romans 12:11), to give cheerfully (2 Corinthians 9:7).
- He tells us to abound always in the work of the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58), to feed His sheep (John 21:17), to do everything in the name of Jesus (Colossians 3:17).
We cannot live up to these standards in our own strength. We are not sinless, but, through God’s power, we still strive to sin less and live lives worthy of Him. “Now to Him Who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen” (Ephesians 3:20).
Prayer: Dear Lord, grant me the strength that I need to serve You in ways that give You glory that You deserve. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Blessings on your journey as a steward!